We believe we cannot become the best without supporting the best.
The Maintenance & Procurement Division aims to drive down costs through the training and development of our people, resulting in improved safety, quality, and efficiency while supporting business growth. We have prioritized four key focus areas aligned with this overall objective; people development, process development, compliance, and cost control.
Who We Are
We provide high-quality and cost-effective maintenance services, keeping safety a priority while ensuring customer satisfaction - our team's ultimate mission. As a key team member within TransX, the Maintenance Technician is expected to align with the company's core values of Teamwork, Safety, Innovation, Accountability, and Respect.
With 135 staff across the network, over 200,000 hours annually, and 9 shop locations across Canada and the United States, TransX takes pride in its in-house maintenance division.
Shop Locations: 9
Mobile Service Units: 8
Current Technician Openings
We strive to ensure our technicians are certified and/or trained to the highest levels.
Scope of Repairs
We are a full-service maintenance provider for various asset types and customers.
- Trailer Types: Dry, heated, refrigerated, multi-temp trailer, deck, and chassis
Container Types: Heater and reefer
Tractor Types: Day cab, straight trucks, and sleeper trucks (across a variety of OEs)
Scope of Work
We are a full-service provider for maintenance on tractors, reefers/heaters, containers, trailers, and chassis with a scope including;
Tractor Technicians Apprenticeship enrolled – Red Seal/Journey-Person (DOT Certified in our US location)
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment for "Pre for sale."
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services - Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- The repair and diagnosis of Engines (gas and diesel), power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTOs and wheel ends, electrical systems including starters and alternators, steering systems, electronics to include ECMs, ECUs, sensors etc., engine bolt-on items such as fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., brake systems including ABS, suspension systems.
- Diagnose and rebuild engines, Valve set
- Adjust/test and repair steering, electrical, cooling, HVAC, braking and emission systems, drivetrains, engines (gas and diesel), power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, electrical systems including starters and alternators, steering systems, electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., engine components turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., brake systems including ABS, suspension systems (spring and air)
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
Trailer Technicians Apprenticeship enrolled – Red Seal/Journey-Person (DOT Certified in our US location)
- Pre-trip inspection, Preventive maintenance, Mudflap and hanger repairs/replacements, Basic light and wiring repairs/replacements, Tire re-torque, door seal repair/replacement, placards and re-numbering of equipment
- Electrical system - Troubleshooting, nose plugs, light harness repair and replace
- Braking mechanical and air systems - replace brakes and brake components, Slack adjuster, brake pots, and s-cams
- Body repairs - panel patches, nose plugs and interior repairs
- Air system - Air lines and valves
- Braking systems - ABS troubleshooting, repair and replace
- Wheel end - wheel seals, bearings and spindles
- Structural components - Roof bow, roof sections, dolly legs, cross-members, wing plates and rail repairs
- Suspension - Hangers, shocks, and axles
- Fabrication and modifications - Equipment conversions - electric reefer mounts, roll-up doors and 40 ft. conversions
- Perform safety inspections
Reefer/Heater Technicians Enrolled in and/or completed our internal training program or completed external master technician-level OE-supplied training
- Preventative maintenance - Minor service, Downloads, prime/start units, RPM adjustments, minor repairs, run pre-trips, fuel polishing
- Washing out units and battery replacement
- Preventative maintenance - Major service
- Charging system - Diagnose, repair and replace - Starters, alternators
- Engine components - Diagnose, repair and replace - Flywheel, belts, bearings and damper doors
- Electrical systems - Diagnose, repair and replace - performing diagnostics using scanners, electronic test equipment, and on-board computers
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of components on truck and trailer refrigeration units
- Repairing failures; removing, replacing, and testing for Freon leaks; assembling and installing parts, and components involving soldering
- Welding and the use of refrigeration equipment
Tire Technicians Enrolled in and/or completed our internal training program or completed external master technician-level OE-supplied training
- Mounts, balances, and installs wheels and tires on vehicles
- Flat repairs and re-torques
- Studs tires in anticipation of weather change
- Recommends good driving and tire maintenance practices to customers
- Ensures that minimum standard of safety is maintained
- Maintains a clean area that meets minimum environmental requirements’ regulations
- Inspect tires on vehicles before and after installation
- Perform yard inspection to identify units with flats, damage, and low tread depth to decrease tire-related on-road breakdowns
- Wheel-mounted program management (Local)
- Identify the scope of repair (Flat spot vs replacement)
- Warranty identification
- Quality control
- Balancing inventory (Matching and inventorying)
Wash Bay Technicians Enrolled in and/or completed our internal training program
- Wash and detail vehicle/trailer interiors and/or exteriors by hand, brush or other washing equipment
- Safely use the appropriate tools for the job, such as pressure washer, washing equipment, ozone generators (or other deodorizers), and snow removal apparatuses as applicable
- Clean and dry vehicle windshields, windows, lights, mats and exterior body
- Vacuum and shampoo the interior of the vehicle
- Work with customers and other staff to handle jobs in order of priority
- Properly tag clean and dirty units to assist drivers and yard staff in achieving faster turnaround times
- Log all work using the appropriate forms for tracking and billing purposes.
- Assist in general property maintenance as required
- Assist in fueling vehicles or trailers as assigned (gas & diesel).
- Assist in snow removal as assigned, including shovelling and de-icing walkways and removing snow from vehicles, trailers, windows and other equipment or areas using the appropriate tools and safety procedures.
Interested in one of our technician jobs?
Ready to find out more?
Take a look at our Canada and USA hiring packages.