Standard Claim Form
- Claim submission must include required supporting documents (listed on page 2).
Failure to provide will result in processing delays.
- Claims submitted for values less than $50.00 are subject to declination.
- All salvage must be retained until such time as TransX has provided claim settlement. Failure to have salvage available for pick up may result in claim payment being withheld.
Freight Claim Procedures
- Your shipment arrives damaged or short. All damages or shortages must be noted on the delivery receipt at time of delivery. Concealed damage claims and/or claims for damages not noted at time of delivery may be disallowed by our Head Office Claims Department.
- Contact your local TransX office within 48 hours of delivery to arrange for a “Cargo Damage Inspection”. Do not unpack or discard any of the packaging. The cargo inspector will complete an “Inspection Report” form and a copy will be left for you.
- After inspection is complete, and claim mitigation (recouping/repairing) attempts have been exhausted, submit your claim with the following backup documentation:
a) a copy of the original Bill of Lading
b) a copy of the packing slips listing all products shipped
c) a copy of your supplier’s invoice showing the cost of goods and all discounts associated
d) a copy of the inspection report
e) your invoice to TransX showing the nature and amount of claim
Claims for damage or partial shortage must be submitted to TransX in writing within 60 days of delivery. Claims for loss of entire shipments must be filed in writing within 9 months. Failure to do so voids claim in its entirety.
All salvage must be retained until such time as TransX has provided claim settlement. Failure to have salvage available for pick up may result in claim payment being withheld.
Freight claims must be submitted to TransX in writing for investigation, response and/or processing of payment. Deduction of freight claims from outstanding freight invoices is not allowed and could result in credit privileges being suspended.